The world’s largest contiguous mangrove forest hosts an amazing faunal & floral diversity, including the probably largest remaining population of Royal Bengal tigers, the endangered estuarine crocodile, Ganges River dolphins as well as an astounding variety of birds.
Join our Adventure Cruise and explore this intricate maze of tidal waterways, a natural treasure of Bangladesh.
|Welcome to our Sundarban Adventure Cruise.
Early in the morning board the waiting boat at Jailkhana Ghat in Khulna. After completion of the boarding the boat will begin the cruise to the south. After few hours of cruising the boat will stop at a forest station to complete formalities and also pick up armed forest guards to stay onboard. After that the boat will resume the cruise and arrive at Kotka forest station late in the afternoon and anchor for overnight stay. If time permits your guide will offer some activities in the forest.
|25-Mar 17||Shortly after sunrise we invite you to explore the narrow creeks aboard a wooden rowboat, allowing a close look at the unique mangrove fauna & flora.
After a leisurely breakfast the guide will offer a variety of activities, including an easy trek to the pristine beach facing the Bay of Bengal or a hike through the mangroves. In the afternoon there will be more activities for you. Overnight on board.
|26- Mar 17
|Depending on the tide schedule, the boat will begin the return journey with the high tide and cruising the whole day, Arrive Khulna at noon. Disembark the boat after lunch.|
BDT 12500/= Person
*Forest permission will be BDT 5100/ for foreign nationals
*Forest permission will be BDT 550/ for Bangladeshi nationals
PRICE SHALL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- The trip as per itinerary with on board accommodation on sharing basis and meals starting from breakfast on day-01 to lunch on day-03
- English speaking guide
ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICES (PER PERSON):
|Khulna-Dhaka by a/c public coach||Tk. 1350.00|
|Jessore-Dhaka by domestic air in regular class||Tk. 3800-6800.00|
|Khulna-Jessore transfer by reserved a/c car (maximum 4 persons, One way)||Tk. 4500.00|
|Mongla-Jessore transfer by reserved a/c car (maximum 4 persons, one way)||Tk. 6500.00|
|For passengers staying overnight on the boat with dinner or hotel||Tk. 1500.00|
|Entrance fees for Foreign national||Tk.1700.00 / per day|
|Video camera fee for foreigner||Tk. 300.00 / per day|
|Video camera fee for Bangladesh national||Tk. 200.00 / per day|
Kindly note that alcoholic drinks are not be served on board. But one is free to bring them along. Soft drinks shall be available on payment.
For your own comfort, we request you to carry minimum luggage. However, we suggest you to carry the following items: Torch / Towel / Umbrella or Raincoat / Binoculars / Suitable Clothes / Camera & Film / Mosquito repellent / Sun tan lotion / Walking shoes & Sandals / Swimming gear / Reading material / Board Games.
DOS AND DONTS FOR VISITORS IN THE SUNDARBAN RESERVE FOREST
- Safety is important for you and your friends. Always ensure that armed forest guards and/or an experienced guide accompany you when getting on land in the Sundarban. Their knowledge and experience is essential for your
- Do not carry any kind of the following items: knife (of any size), fishing rod, guns (of all sorts) and specifically any sharp Any violation of the above shall be subjected to a penalty or fine of BDT 1000.
- Please walk quietly and in small groups in the forest, follow and respect the signs, remain in the areas of public access only and do not disturb the wildlife, ongoing research or the other
- Respect the fragility of the forest. Do not cut, extract and damage the
- Dispose of waste properly or if no bins are available, bring it back with Do not leave or throw anything inside the forest, including cigarette butts.